Welcome Digital Scrapbookers

So glad you found me. Just come and sit a spell, it's time to go exploring. Life is an unscripted journey that if you're lucky enough, you capture it with words and photos.













Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

True Colors

One of the things my mother taught me as a child was not to be afraid to always show your true colors wherever you are.  Being shy, that was not always easy for me to do.  Yet ..... to not be afraid, it is the key.  She taught me to know that who I am is far more important than my trying to be what I thought other people wanted me to be.

For those of you that have followed my blog during the past ten days .... you know my mother was diagnosed with cancer.  Today is the day we find out just what course of action her doctor will tell her he is taking.  Because I live it Iowa and my mother is in Virginia ... this isn't easy for me.

So, to all .... please keep her in your prayers.

My wordart/cluster is dedicated to her.  I love you, Mom

Preview:


and to help read the words better ... here is the wordart. 

It says "To show your true colors ... you have to come out of your shell".

I also want to thank Gina at Gina's Gems Scraps for the elements that I used in the cluster/wordart.  The kit is called "Orange Ya Glad It's Easter" and can be found at http://ginasgemsscraps.blogspot.com/.  This kit is so original and I love the broken egg shell so much.  The minute I found it .... I knew I would be usin it for Easter.

This is the email I sent to my mother last night.  She had asked me to not call her, but I wanted her to know that I was thinking about her.

Let me explain it .... in my email I told her what each thing represented.  The two towers are for her and I, the red one is my mother and the green was is me.  Even though I have leaned on her .... I wanted her to know that she can lean on me.  The red hearts are to tell her I love you more.  The circle of words tell her my love will be forever.  The red flowers represents nature, where my mother spoke to me often of the power of God.  The wordart says "Always Believe" .... they are from another designer (but I honestly don't remember who).  The little red stars are because "She Is My Star".  And the believe .... why that is just because.  And, last but definately not least .... the kiss on her cheek .... that's to tell her ... I am right there beside her.


Hugs, Sue

2 comments:

Sweet Pea Designs said...

Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. She will be in my prayers. I went through this with my mom several years ago and I know how difficult it is. Today mom is cancer free I pray the same for your mom.

Administrator said...

I highlighted this word art on my blog Wednesday. Thinking of you and your sweet mother. Lots of love and best wishes. http://scrapbookalphabet.blogspot.com/2012/03/wednesdays-guest-freebies_14.html