Welcome Digital Scrapbookers

So glad you found me. Just come and sit a spell, it's time to go exploring. Life is an unscripted journey that if you're lucky enough, you capture it with words and photos.













Followers

Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday Dedication Time

It's Dedication Monday
Just a time of celebration
for me to recognize the
comment of the week
 
and the winner this week is:
Trine Sechen @ Nothing But Freebies
http://nothingbutfreebies.blogspot.com
 
 
Here is the preview of
my wordart
created just for her:
 
 
You can download it at:
 
 
Here is her comment:
 
                              " Oh, Sue, sweet Sue... There you were bragging about Miss Abby's
                                 talent in sewing. And then you  keep this from us for so long. I mean
                                 the sewing talent was great, but this.... this is PROFESSIONAL!
                                 My Gosh, you are good Abby. Please don't ever stop drawing and
                                painting. I wish I was just half as good as you. Tell Nanna to give
                                you a BIG kiss on your forehead from me.  And I promise to give you
                                a big "shout out" on my blog again, if it's OK with you?  Lots of love
                                to both of you, Trine."
 
Now the reason I picked this one today:
1.  When I featured some of my granddaughter, Abby's sketchings ... I received this from her.
     In the beginning, Trine makes me have one of those from the "BELLY LAUGHS".  You
     see when she first starts her praise, there is a "MISTAKE IN IDENITY" because in
     relationship to sewing talent ... she was referring to my other granddaughter, Allison.
     I JUST COULDN'T HELP BUT GET SO TICKLED!!!!!
 
2.  She used the word "Professional" to refer to Abby's talent.  There is no other complement
     more endeared than that of one artist to another artist.  She went on to encourage .... and that
     brought on MY TEARS.
 
3.  Then she said, "Get Nanna to give you a BIG Kiss .... Abby lives thousands of miles away
      from me.  Yet, in that moment ... SHE WAS RIGHT THERE WITH ME.   Thank you so much
      for that, Trine.
 
4.  She is going to HIGHLIGHT my granddaughter, ABBY on her blog.
 
So, it is with upmost pleasure, that I dedicate this Monday to you, Trine.  I feel so lucky to call
you friend.  And, don't forget to go to my "Awards Given to grab your award".
 
Hugs and love, Sue
............................................................................................................................................................
In Thanks I want to post the comment I received back from Trine for everyone to read: 
Monday, November 19, 2012

Talent....

In our line of work/hobby we are often using the words talent and talented, but do we actually know what they mean? My interpretation is in the lines of "having the ability to do something better than average". But lately I have had to re-think it. Yes, I do think there are a lot of talented people out there in digi-scrap world, but sometimes you meet people who are über-talented at what they do and impress you beyond believe; and then you realise that you'll have to make several levels of "Talented". I haven't yet defined these levels, but I have seen the works of someone who definitely belongs in the top level.

If you were with me back in March this year, you may remember Allison, the granddaughter of Sue from Grands9creations (if not - see the post here). Last week Sue posted work by her other granddaughter, Abby, and I was blown away! The girl is "only" a pre-teen, but is drawing like a Pro. I "stole" one of her drawings from Sue's site (sorry, Sue & Abby), but please go to Sue's site and see the rest. And then decide for yourself how to define talent.


Can you imagine what she will turn into?

Before you go, I have to say, that this post is NOT caused by the fact that Sue made a dedication to me today - for which I am eternally grateful - and NOT just because I promised to do so in my comment to her. It is simply because I think talent must be shared and promoted, and because I wanted you to have the WOW-experience too.

And while we are at this talented family - check out Sue's WordArt "In the Warmth of his Baby Hand", where she shows off her own drawing skills. And since the drawing shows the talented hand that made the drawing above, it sort of closes the circle. It really runs in the family!

I wish Abby (and Allison) the best of luck with their talents and creative life, and I thank Sue for today's dedication/award and for being my long-distance-friend in tears as well as laughter (fortunately, mostly laughter).

And no, you will not get any freebies in this post - sorry! But I hope to bring you one later today or tomorrow.

Nurture talent where ever you are!

 
 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Trine
 



 





 
ps - If you'd like to see the post I am referring to ... It is titled "It's in the eyes" dated 11-14-12


6 comments:

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Good morning darling Sue,

Great choice for dedication this week. Love the work you dedicated to Trine.

Hugs,
Lisa

marlah24 said...

Love this. Thanks!

Trine Secher said...

Thank You!
You know I'm grateful, but I also keep my word. So hurry over to see today's post about your family :o)

XOXO
Trine

Mata 12 said...

Lovely sentiment. Thank you for sharing.

Silverbutterfly said...

3838Love your digis, they are all so adorable, Thanks for sharing your great talent with those of us {ME} that can't draw a thing.....


Silverbutterfly

Edwina said...

Thank you for the sentiment. It is very pretty. I love it. Edwina Brown