Welcome Digital Scrapbookers

So glad you found me. Just come and sit a spell, it's time to go exploring. Life is an unscripted journey that if you're lucky enough, you capture it with words and photos.













Followers

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Marked Down Chocolates

Hi everyone. 

I have been busy, busy, busy .... trying to get everything done.  It has been a challenge to say the least.

Trying to get back into the swing of things of being back home .... what can I say, but OH MY GOSH !!!!!  I really would have liked to have about an extra twenty-four hours in each of the last few days.  My computer has literally been in overdrive. 

But, first things first .... again today I am using one of my freebies from last year because it's just plain easier!!!!  This is one of my all time favorites, too.

Here is the preview:
You can download this at:
 
NOW ON TO THE BEST STUFF
 
I am going to tell you a little about my trip to Texas through photographs ...... my trip started with getting the suitcases out of the basement.  What clothes to take ... decisions, decisions.  Will I need long sleeves or short sleeve?
 
 

 
The trip is on it's way.  What adventures we are on ... it's miles and miles of scenery.  One of our views along our roadmap was Indian National Parkway in Oklahoma.  Where are the indians and the teepees?  I guess I'll just have to use my imagination.
 
 
 
 
One of my fascinations has always been deserted houses.  I wonder what happened to the people that use to live there.  This rundown home is no exception. Did a storm cause them to leave?  It just looks cold and sad to me.   And, for those that might want to know I took this with my camera going 75 mph through the window!!!  I LOVE THIS CAMERA!!!
 
 
 
 
 
I've talked that hubby of mine into an earlier stop.  It's heaven to get into the room before 7:00pm.  With dinner at Outback Restaurant, then time for relaxation, plenty of flirting with my hubby, time for television and a good book and sleep are the order of the night ... and exactly in that order.
 
 
 
 


I'm dreaming of Texas and my daughter, Angie.  What better dreams can I have?  I know when I wake up .... I am really, really going to see her!!!!  Have I told you I have missed her like crazy!!!  She is my daughter I call "Sunshine".  Soon I'll be catching up on all the latest gossip.  But, I won't escape exercise .... cause' she's my exercise freak !!!  Must tell you, she ran her first marathon on January 13th.  AND I CAN'T RUN 500 YARDS!!!!  I can't wait to see her smiling face and give her the biggest, huggiest, monster Texas style hug ever!!!!





WE HAVE ARRIVED!!!!!
 
After all the hugs and kisses, Popeye Chicken and suitcases up to the guest room ....
it's time for Papa and Nana's
one and only
personal concert from Master Ryan
 
It was like heaven to our ears even if there was a "frog stuck" inside at moments.  His father kept telling him to get the poor thing out and and let him breathe.  What .... his father doesn't know great jazz if it bit him in the butt!!!  Just the same, these grandparents CLAPPED and CHEERED  because he will always be the best in our hearts.  This is my third grandchild and even though you're not suppose to have a favortie ... HE IS THE ONE!!!!
 
This is just a start to get your attention.  My journal will continue of each day.  I wanted to start just with this little glimpse into my world.  I hope you enjoy the trip as much as I did.
 
And, for any of you that are newcomers to my world, I want to welcome you.  Please come and sit awhile.  I offer daily freebies on many different themes.  During the next couple of weeks I will be doing most of them on the valentines and love.
 
I am sooooo glad to be back.
 
Hugs, Sue
 





2 comments:

Edwina said...

Hello, It has been a while since my last visit to your blog. Life can throw looks at you at time. I enjoyed your telling of your trip. You are right. Grandparents do think the world of their grandkids and what they do is perfect. I sure miss mine. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Administrator said...

I highlighted your freebie on my Thursday's Guest Freebies today. Thank you. http://www.scrapbookalphabet.blogspot.com/2013/01/thursdays-guest-freebies_31.html