Welcome Digital Scrapbookers

So glad you found me. Just come and sit a spell, it's time to go exploring. Life is an unscripted journey that if you're lucky enough, you capture it with words and photos.













Followers

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tech Smart

THIS ONE
IS FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER,
ABBY (aka AbbyApple)
 
..............................................................................................................................................................

I don't know about the rest of you, but are you thinking about your own personal Christmas List? 

And, I have found the perfect gift to ask for ...

 

Special thanks to
Angela Wenke of Resale Clipart
You can find her site at:  www.resaleclipart.com

You can download this at:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/KjUQE3Pj/To_be_techno.html

And ....
this is dedicated to my Miss Abby Apple
the most lovable 13-year I know

 
The reason for this very important Christmas present is due to my thirteen year old granddaughter, Abby.  She is just the "Abby Apple" of my life .... BUT .... I am having trouble communicating with her these days.
 
You see .... SHE ONLY WANTS TO TEXT ME !!!!!
 
I am so saddened by the fact "talking" appears to be the way of the past!!!!  But, I am a very accommodating Nana and I can still learn something NEW.  Now, all I have to do is is put this on my "Christmas List" for her.  And it's free!!!!!  Do hope that smart, intelligent, smarty pants teenager  got it ... lol.

And for all you TECH SMART people out there .... I AM ENVIOUS!!!!!!!!

And, here's a scrapbook layout I just finished of her of "First Christmas 2000" and just a photo of  her now.  Hope you all like it.  I was just in the mood to do a layout for myself.

My Abby Apple Now 2012
 
 
Miss Abby Apple at 7 months

oxoxoxoxoxo,  Sue    (see I'm learning already .... lol)
 


4 comments:

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

You made me laugh out loud at this one because I remembered our conversation about the texting issues. You are not the only one in the dark. We don't even have a cell phone, so as far as texting goes, forget it. I haven't a clue what 99% of the short forms stand for. Just the other day I had to ask one of my readers what she meant by 'TFS' as I had seen it left in several comments. I was pretty sure I had figured out that the T was for Thanks and the F was for for, but for the life of me, I couldn't get that the S was for sharing! Of course, it all makes sense now. So, when you get your 'texting list' maybe you can think about sharing it???he-he

Hugs,
Lisa

ScrappyMama said...

You go, girl!! You'll get the hang of it! I resisted texting with my DS so hard for so long & now I LOVE knowing that I can "reach out & touch him" whenever I want to!! Of course, I know that he can't always check/see the text immediately, but I like knowing that I can send him a msg...now my DH makes fun of ME for how much I like texting!!! Though, I'm old enough that I use real words & not a lot of acronyms...& I HATE what texting is doing to people's grammar & spelling : (

Silverbutterfly said...

Your granddaughter is so cute, and I'm with you on all this texting,etc., but I quess when you get to be 76, it's a little hard to teach old dogs new tricks...

Lisa Lynn said...

I'm with you on this one. My kids are 16 and 20 and that's how they communicate with me also so half the time I don't understand them. And my daughter laughs at me because I only use one hand when I text and not two so I "type too slow".