Welcome Digital Scrapbookers

So glad you found me. Just come and sit a spell, it's time to go exploring. Life is an unscripted journey that if you're lucky enough, you capture it with words and photos.













Followers

Monday, July 1, 2013

Through the eyes of a baby

You can download at:
 
I had a reason for choosing this particular one because it does represent my grandchildren.
 
However, my thoughts are:                            
                                                                       HEY DOC!!!
 
what do you
mean
ABOUT
 
my grandson ....
he's calling me on the phone
 
HE MADE ALL-STAR
FOR THE CITY OF DUBUQUE
 
AND YOU'RE TRYING TO TELL ME
 
that I can't be
with my
munchkin
 
THIS DOWN RIGHT SUCKS!!!!!
 
 
 
Friday the doctor informed me I need to continue resting and that my activity is limited.  This is the latest news for me and I am miserable.  Actually, it has made me mad.  I don't want to take it easy .... I want to work my muscles, I want to talk properly again and I want to really work my body.
 
He does not want me doing anything yet with my grandchildren that's physical activity.  Like going to swim for an afternoon at the pool, he doesn't want me going walking with just them, he doesn't want me going to a baseball game, he doesn't want me playing video games and it just plain sucks, sucks, sucks and sucks some more.
 
I am actually very mad .... if you didn't get that yet.  That neurologist trying to tell me what to do!!!!  My grandson, Justin is representing the city of Dubuque, Iowa as an "All Star" player and I am not, I repeat not sitting my butt on the sofa just listening!!!!  Dr. Peterson says the four hour drive will totally exhaust me.  He has advised me about the heat, the noises, the activities ... he says I'll go into stimuli overload.   He doesn't want me over extending myself.  To me, he is just being plain hateful or stupid.  This man just doesn't know me!!!!
 
This doctor has no idea how important my family is to me!!!!  They are my biggest healing force.  John is trying to tell me he'll take millions of pictures and it will be just like I am there.  Not going to work!!!!!!  John wants me to listen to the doctor, Christa (my daughter) wants me to listen to the doctor and Justin and I have a pact ... I am going to be there .... somehow, someway !!!!!!  We'll figure out a way before July 12 through 14.  Or I better be able to watch Justin's every move live on a computer screen!!!  Talk and chatter .... have a hot dog!!!!  AND, CHEER!!!!!
 
Thanks for listening.
 
Hugs, Sue
 
I HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOLD I WON'T BE ABLE TO DRIVE FOR SIX MONTH AND THAT IS BAD ENOUGH ..... BUT I REFUSE TO HAVE MY LIFE PASS ME BY AND BE A SPECTATOR, ESPECIALLY LOCKED IN MY HOUSE!!!!!
 
Thanks for listening, Sue
 
No one, and I mean no one is keeping me from that game.  I AM JUSTIN'S BIGGEST CHEERLEADER.  I even promise I won't utter a sound if John will just take me to the ballgame.
 
Hugs, Sue

8 comments:

Edwina said...

Oh, Sue, Be careful. I know you love your grandson and other grand babies, but you have to be careful so you don't have another stroke. It could leave you paralyzed. Your grandson would rather you got well. A video of the game is a good idea. Have your husband get a camera so he can make one for you. If you decide to go do this to help you. Take a sofa cushion and put in the back set. Lie against that cushion and nap all the way there. It will help keep you from getting too tired. Please take care. Edwina Brown

Silverbutterfly said...

Sue, Sue, You better take care of yourself....You sound just like me. Sometimes we think we know what's better for us than they do, but please do take it easy.
Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Hugs to you and your family..

Slverbutterfly aka Mary

Linda said...

Congratulations to your grandson and I hope you manage to see the game somehow - do any rellies have a laptop they could take to the game and have it set on Skype (facing the game so you can see it) or one of the other face to face communication programs (Facetime on apple products)?

I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery...

Pat said...

WOW I do understand but with the tec. knowledge today I am sure someone will find a way for you to be there and still be safe that being said he will miss you for this game but you will be there for others if you listen to the Dr. first take care of yourself then you are fit to take care of others

Unknown said...

Sue, your feelings are so normal for one who has had an abnormal event (stroke). Keep talking about your feelings, especially to your loved ones. Trust in God, and hang in there.

Donna said...

Yep Life does suck at times, Sue! Please be careful. But I'm not going to say don't go- "sounds like you are more stressed about not going , then you would be if you went.
Whatever you decide, my good thoughts will be with you!
Hugs Donna

Cindy John 3:16 stampartistry.blogspot.com said...

Hi Sue...Just a note to let you know that there are LOTS of out here who care and are praying for you to get well...all across the nation. I'm in California and I know there are lots of us out here cheering you on! You have done so much for us with your giving spirit...now it's time we gave back to you by praying for you and encouraging you to get well. Please DO follow the doctors orders. They WANT you to get well too. Take care and I'll be checking in periodically to see how you're doing. God's blessings and love from one of your fans!!! :)

Patty said...

I know how much you want to be there, but judging by my former bosses ordeal with her stroke, and think your doctors right. I think the best you could do is have someone use FaceTime or some other product like that to show you the whole game. When my niece was in a critical car accident & was recovering in the hospital, her grandmother, my mother in law, was too weak to make the 45 minute trip to see her, and it was killing her. So they used FaceTime, and they were able to see each other & talk to each other.

I know you're extremely pissed off that you can't go, but think of this...you go there, it's stressful as the doctors say, and in the middle of the game they have to call an ambulance for you, the rest of the family misses the game also, and your Grandson is too upset to continue. I'm sure you wouldn't want that scenario.